Segun Akiode is a member of the Nigeria Podcast Network, one of those few people we started the journey of podcasting together even before I published my first episode. He is the author of Corporate Misfit, which was recently reviewed by Connect Nigeria.
Interestingly, now he talks about getting a job, and helping organizations take their human resources to the next level. But he didn’t start out that way originally.
In this episode of Audacity2Lead, you’ll get to hear what and what Segun Akiode did to transit from being an employee to having his own business, Crescita Consults. More importantly, you’ll get to learn how he went from writing just to share his knowledge and insights to starting a podcast that has literally put him on the spotlight across the nations.
[Tweet “”You decide what Google says about you,” says @segunakiode”]
Some of the things I discussed with Segun Akiode on this episode:
- How he narrowed down to career from chemical engineering
- How Segun started as a paid employee, even how he got a job 8 weeks after his NYSC. (NYSC means National Youth Service Corps done here in Nigeria for graduates of university and polytechnic.)
- How he was forced to have his own business – corporate consulting.
- How he took that same business to mass market – employability talk
- How he got started with podcasting, and how has it helped with his positioning in the marketplace, and the opportunities that brings his way both online and offline.