One of the great benefits of having a blog or podcast platform is that you get to connect with people who you would have never had a reason to connect with.
Imagine having someone who told you they were moved by something you said to the point of crying.
On #Audacity2Lead today, Joe Pardo from Dreamers Podcast shares his story of how he started blogging and podcasting, and then met people who have been influenced by the things he was sharing on his blog and podcast.
If you are a leader, coach, consultant, speaker, a far better way to position yourself as a person of influence is to have a blog or podcast platform. Having the two is advantageous though.
Joe Pardo who has recently become a friend of mine – and I recommend listening to his podcast – shares some tips to how you can get started with blogging and podcasting.
Another session of Podcast with Excellence: 30 Days to a Luminary Podcast course is a few weeks away. I will be taking just 20 people through how to start, run, and grow your podcast. Click here to be notified when registrations begin.
ON THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL DISCOVER:
- You don’t have to really be an ‘expert’ to influence people. Once you can step on stage and speak on a platform, sharing what you know, people will automatically see you as the expert whose words, and ideas can help them get some specific results.
- How as a young guy, Joe got started with blogging during the days of Yahoo Geocities, and making some little money while promoting an under-age night club.
- How Joe got the idea for Dreamers Podcast and quickly made the leap to start while on flight to another city, and the kind of influence he’s had since launching his podcast.
TIPS AND RESOURCES SHARED:
- Audacity (free podcasting software)
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST:
- Joe Pardo’s website
- Listen to Dreamers Podcast here
- Join Nigeria Podcast Network on Google+ for free
Thank you for listening to this episode. Remember to Get Focused, Get Started, and Be Impactful.