What stories are you telling yourself? What kind of story are you hearing? What script of a story are you living?
Welcome to another session of The Audacity2Lead podcast.
Last episode, we discussed how the words we hear on our inside, the pictures we conceive within, and the impressions on our hearts all contribute to the identification of our calling and life task.
On this episode, we take that conversation further by looking at how these three things plus many others help you live a meaningful story.
You can also listen on: Google Podcasts | Email | RSS
This is the 5th in the series, ‘11 Essentials of a Great Life Task.’
SPECIFICALLY ON THIS EPISODE, WE DISCUSS:
What stories are, their meanings and how they develop.
Function of stories.
I shared the story of my early introduction to television, and how being drawn into the story in a movie brought tears to my eyes.
You either have a story to tell, imagine a story, or live a story.
In living, you have to be clear, so I shared 2 tips on how to live a meaningful story:
- Put your calling and life task in the context of a narrative. If your calling is to write or tell stories, it means you share stories that transform thoughts, encourages, and unite people in love. If it is to equip, train or mentor leaders, you could make it into a narrative by saying, you help young leaders make the leap from potential to productive performance.
- Share your story with the world. Jordan Stroman says, “Everyone’s story is completely unique, and needs to be shared with others. When suffering finds a meaningful context, it ceases to be suffering.” Discover and dig into what God is calling you to do, and find how best you could the share it with the world as a story.
We round off this section with 2 categories of stories:
- Internal stories – the stories you tell yourself
- External stories – stories people tell you about others, or the stories people tell others about you.
TIP OF THE WEEK:
For me to constantly engage in telling myself positive stories, I use reminders on my phone to keep words of affirmation around me. I share more about that on the podcast.
THANK YOU OF THE WEEK
My thank you goes to Ikenna Ikpah @amIkenna who was my guest on the #Audacity2Lead on Sunday 17th September, 2014.
Lead with a Story: A Guide to Crafting Business Narratives That Captivate, Convince, and Inspire
QUESTION OF THE WEEK
What stories are you telling yourself and your calling? Leave a comment for me below and let’s see how we can work things out.
1 thought on “HOW TO LIVE A MEANINGFUL STORY – Episode 11”
How are you doing today.
Thank you for releasing this episode of your podcast
– HOW TO LIVE A MEANINGFUL STORY,