“We don’t follow writing and abandon other passions we have, because if you have to write, you have to write about something.”
This week’s episode features a great guest, A.C. Fuller who has been teaching writing for over fifteen years. A former adjunct professor of journalism at NYU, his work has been featured in the Register Star, the Poughkeepsie Journal, and New York Newsday.
He is an associate member of International Thriller Writers and a member of the Pacific Northwest Writers Association. The prologue to his writing book, WRITER 2.0, won the 2014 San Francisco Writers Contest, non-fiction category. His debut novel—THE ANONYMOUS SOURCE—will be published by Booktrope in June of 2015.
He now teaches writing and literature at Northwest Indian College and lives in the Pacific Northwest with his wife, Amanda, daughter, Arden and son, Charles.
He also is the host of Writer 2.0 podcast.
On this episode, we talk about how writing helps you influence more people.
THIS WEEK’S ANNOUNCEMENT
- Blog with Excellence just launched and I’m exicted to finally have it available. It’s a guide I created to help you start, grow and monetize your blog bringing together all the lessons I’ve learnt being online. Find out more about it here.
- I’m starting a new podcast to chronicle the everyday life of Nigerians, but I need support from my friends and listeners. Listen to this episode to learn more how you can join in.
ON THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- How writing [really] helps you influence more people
- What you need to do before you start a blog. Starting up a blog, the first 3 steps before you create the blog
- How to create content that engages your audience and how you can make your readers do something specific for you
- How you can find controversies, what’s going on, and your take on those things and use that to get attention from cold audience.
TIPS SHARED ON THIS EPISODE:
- If you cannot write long posts, stay with shorter ones
- Develop a blogging schedule
- Find a unique way to present your ideas, niching your focus to solve a specific problem for your audience.
- Plus much more.
MENTIONED ON THE PODCAST:
Thank you for listening to this episode. Remember to Get Focused, Get Started, and Be Impactful.
[UPDATE] This is an encore episode. It was originally published before the site went down, had to put it up to continue the series. Enjoy 🙂