Having started podcasting in June of 2014, I have over the last months learnt a few lessons, today on this episode, I share 9 lessons I learnt from 24 months of podcasting with you perhaps you’ll find encouragement to pursue what matters to your life.
It is great to be back from podcast hiatus. My break from podcast was due to my website shut down a few months back, and having to get it back up from the backend. Happens to be one of the lessons I learnt from 24 months of podcasting, LOL.
Announcement for this Episode:
As I resume the podcast, I will be working more with this schedule.
- 1st week:A Solo Show, where its just you and just me, digging into a topic that matters deeply to your business and leadership;
- 2nd week:A Topical Conversation, when I chat with an amazing guest or business expert on a specific topic;
- 3rd & 4th weeks:A Journey Interview, where I get the chance to hear from an incredible entrepreneur who shares the trials and time-tested wisdom that came from doing business, and adapting the lessons for all of us;
- 5th weeks (if there is one):A surprise 🙂 Really it’s going to be surprising… Haha
Snapshots from 9 Lessons I Learnt from 24 Months of Podcasting:
[Tweet “A good start is far better than perfect procrastination. #GetStarted”]
- Good start is far better than perfect procrastination.
- Podcasting gives you a practice platform, hones your knowledge, creates a track record, and expand your network just as it has done for me.
- Podcasting has helped me become a spokesperson for myself and my business. I used to think people will buy because you produce content. No! Wrong! You’ll find why they will get to buy.
- I share even a character flaw I have.
- Podcasting has taught me what I do go a long way. You’ll hear a story.
- People love to learn from people who talk like regular people. You’ll hear how my impostor syndrome gave way for me to be free to be me.
- Podcasting, because it involves speaking, it has built my confidence and increased my understanding of how to tailor your content to your audience needs.
- Everybody can talk. Only a thoughtful person can help someone learn well through proper, meaningful communication.
[Tweet “Everybody can talk. Only a thoughtful person can help someone learn well through proper, meaningful communication.”]
Mentioned on This Episode
- Nigeria Podcast Network
- Janielle Lewis
- Michael Hyatt
- Cliff Ravenscraft
- Daniel J. Lewis
- John Lee Dumas
- Erik J. Fisher
- 200 Churches Podcast
I hope you find this episode useful. Remember to Get Focused, Get Started and Be Impactful.